Based on extensive teaching experience we know that the absolute best way for a student to progress with building their skills in their chosen instrument is through dedicated, one on one tuition. Every student learns at a different pace and has individual needs and preferences. One on one tuition allows the lessons to be tailored to suit each individual student. All our private lessons are run in Sunbury.
Standard lessons run for 30 minutes once a week and we will teach you everything you need to know to become a well rounded musician by covering all aspects of musicianship. Here is a list of some of the skills our lessons will cover.
- Understanding of all the Musical Elements
- Learned about their instrument of choice and technical aspects
- Ability to read and understand music notation, charts, chords and/or lyrics to a suitable level
- Learned about instrument and to perform several pieces and styles of music
- Developed sound technique
- Develop confidence
- Ability to improvise either on a given chord progression or section within a song
- Ability to interact musically with other instruments
- Developed musical knowledge including basic theory, history and different style/genres/eras and characteristics in music
- Undertake internal assessments and tests. External graded musical examinations are also available for AMEB and ANZCA syllabi.